Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Christmas BINGO Challenge #4

Oh my goodness, how time flies! It seems like it was just a few months ago that I wrote to Leslie asking to be on the Christmas BINGO Challenges Design Team. And here we are at the last challenge before 2024, Christmas BINGO Challenge #4.

When I saw this BINGO Card, I knew right away that I wanted to not only do column "N" but that I wanted to do something different besides a card.

I had originally planned on making a Christmas pillow, and even bought the Poinsettia Stencil for that purpose.  But as I got into the details about stenciling on fabric, I changed my mind and made a reusable Christmas gift bag. I didn't want to take any chances on the ink from a pillow running or smudging onto a sofa or onto someone's clothes. I thought the gift bag was a safer bet.

After doing some research and some trial and error, I decided to make a quick little video on stenciling on fabric. It's not totally comprehensive but shares a little about what I used to make this bag. You can watch it right here:

My complete supply list is:

  • Muslin Fabric
  • Memento Brilliance Ink in Pink
  • Memento Luxe Ink in Green
  • Memento Brilliance Ink in Gold
  • Pink & Main Poinsettia Stencil
  • Vintage Pearls (from a garage sale)
  • Vintage Doily (from a garage sale)
  • Pink Ribbon (gifted to me)

But before I go, let me say just how much I'm loving stenciling, and why this Poinsettia Stencil from Pink & Main is so cool. First of all, it's only $8.00. If you compare that to a stamp set of the same size, it's so much cheaper. Secondly, I love the way stencils layer together to create a multi-colored look but with the colors so close together. And thirdly, you can use shading when stenciling. Even with just one color you can apply the ink lighter in some areas and heavier in others. And you can even come in with another color entirely for greater depth and texture. I'm sure there are a lot of videos out there about stenciling, but I'd like to make a simple one soon.

I'd say the down side of stenciling is that sometimes the finer places on some stencils, like the veins in the leaves on this one, can get a little worn, but at the price point, I think you'll definitely get your money's worth out of them.

Disclosure: I didn't paid or receive any kind of reimbursement for this post. I genuinely just love this stencil! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and if you get a chance, check out our latest challenge over at Christmas BINGO Challenges. We'd love to have you play along with us!                    

No comments:

Post a Comment