Saturday, October 28, 2023

Comparing Reds Christmas Card

This actually wasn't supposed to be a card. I was comparing red inks because I am virtually out of Stampin' Up!'s Poppy Parade. I have the stamp pad, but for some reason I just never ordered a reinker. I was hoping to make it until January's Sale-A-Bration to place an order, but I don't know if I can make it through Christmas without my beloved Poppy Parade ink!

I thought that maybe my Memento Love Letter Ink could replace the Poppy Parade, at least for a little while. So I stamped three Poinsettias, one in Poppy Parade, one in Real Red and on in Love Letter. I came to the conclusion that there's nothing like Poppy Parade, and yes, I need to place an order before Christmas!

Of the three poinsettias, the one on the bottom is Poppy Parade; the very top is Real Red and the one in the middle left is Love Letter. I see the differences, but many wouldn't, especially between the top two.

After I made the flowers, I realized my Garden Green reinker was low, so I checked the stamp pad using these petals. When I looked down at everything I realize that I should make a card. The two small pieces of red patterned paper were that size when I found them in my stash box. And the "merry" sentiment was cut from a piece of sticker paper backed card stock that I already had. 

Here's my complete supply list:

  • Stampin' Up! Watercolor Winter Stamp Set
  • SU! Petal Potpourri Stamp Set
  • Gold Stickles
  • Expressions Thinlit Die
  • SU Garden Green Ink
  • SU! Real Red Ink
  • SU! Poppy Parade Ink
  • Memento Love Letter Ink
  • Green Stripe Paper from Echo Park
  • Red Patterned Paper from my Stash

So this card seemed to make itself with bits and pieces from lots of my stamp supplies, and I'm glad it did! I just love the creative process that can make something so cute out of little bits and pieces ot things-one reason I love making my own cards!

Thanks for stopping by to see my little piece of work this time!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you accidentally made a card! And I do agree, there's nothing like Poppy Parade. It's a beautiful red and just not as "heavy" as Real Red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! It is funny how those things happen. I agree, there’s nothing quite like Poppy Parade. My ink is on a UPS truck right now!

      Delete