Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Retro Rubber Challenge #218

I had so much fun with this challenge! First of all, I love gingham. Back in the late 70's when I was in high school, I worked at Cloth World. We had two tables full of gingham in three different sizes: mini, regular and extra large. And the colors were amazing too. And I remember those old tablecloths that were usually red or blue. Gingham was big back in the day. I loved it then and still do! If you're as crazy for gingham as I am, you may find this article on The History of Gingham interesting.

Anyway, when I saw Retro Rubber's Challenge #218 (rrcb218) I fell in love. The theme is Fall Picnics. How fun is that! And I really ran with the picture, incorporating most of the elements in my card. I couldn't find a small apple stamp that would fit the size, so I had to let that go. But I got all five colors in: yellow, green, brown, blue and white. And of course, my stamp is older than one year!

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Vibrant Vases (2019)
  • SU! Soft Suede Ink
  • My Favorite Things Tiny Check Brights
  • SU! Daffodil Delight Ink
  • Copics Y35, Y38, YR23, Y02, YG13
  • Memento New Sprout Ink
  • SU! Kite Delight (Sun & Sentiment)
  • Lawn Fawn Background Paper

It was a lot of fun making this card. I'm so grateful for everyone over at Retro Rubber for sparking my creativity. I would have never made this card without their inspiration! Be sure to check out their fun challenge blog if you get a chance, and thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant, Barb - I've always loved these vases! Your table is genius - now THAT'S a picnic! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Heather. The table was fun to make. It's always a pleasure joining you at Retro Rubber! :)

      Delete