Friday, October 27, 2023

Modern Wedding Card

Tomorrow we're going to the wedding of the daughter of my second grade best friend. She's in her young 30's, and I wanted to make a wedding card that reflected that generation, which seems so very different from my own time.

Her wedding invitation is a gorgeous array of brightly colored flowers. Back in my day, we had invitations that were embossed, and there were only about 10 different colors to choose from. I didn't want to bring a stuffy card so I set out to make something really different.

I began with the Stampin' Up! set called Splendid Thoughts because it had a wedding sentiment included. I also used the coordinating dies called Splendid Stems. My ink and colored card stock is Parakeet Party from Stampin' Up! and the flowers are colored with a Y02 Copic. All the papers including the gold leaves are from big box craft stores.

It' a fun card but I'm not really sure it's what I was striving for, but it's 11:30 at night and I just have to go with it. Tomorrow's a big day, but when I get more time I really hope to be able to play around with this set a little more. There are so many possibilities with this combo.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment