Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Word Art Wednesday Guest Designer - Kat Scrappiness


Well I'm just feeling so blessed because when you're a guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday you get to participate twice in one month! This is my second entry for October.

Normally I make my cards  using their wonderful scriptures, but this time I went with a Thanksgiving card using supplies from their sponsor,  Kat Scrappiness. I've heard of them a lot but never bought any of their products until now. I wanted to show my love and support for their generosity (okay, I wanted to buy some more craft supplies too), so I picked up a few things.

Click the pic for a direct link to
this product.
LOVE, LOVE LOVE my new products! All their stuff is so cool, but I wanted to showcase one super product and that is their A2 Full Front Shaker Pockets. They're also available in slimline. 

I don't make a lot of shaker cards because, well they can be a bit tedious. But not with these guys! All you have to do is:

  1. Cut a piece of card stock or patterned paper a bit smaller than A2. (I cut mine about 1/8" smaller).
  2. Remove the protective film from the front of the plastic.
  3. Fold 3 edges back and peel the tape off and adhere.
  4. Fill the top (with the tape still on) with any shaker material.
  5. Peel tape off the 4th edge and seal.
  6. Mount it on any card stock and viola!

Before you start, decide if you want your stamping or die cutting to be on the inside or outside of the shaker window. I chose to put my die cutting on the outside to make it stand out a bit more, but I'm looking forward to trying it with the stamping on the inside too. From there it's so easy. 

The shaker window is a perfect A2 size, but I thought it would make more of a splash if I mounted it on an A7 card front. This gave a little more room for some patterned paper too.

Oh my goodness, how precious is
this verse that reminds us that he
hears us! I must use this on a card
very soon. Someone will be so
encouraged by this!
This card will be going to my daughter who's away at grad school and won't be home for Thanksgiving. I miss her so much, but am looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with her!

My complete supply list for this card is:

  • Kat Scrappiness Shaker Card Fronts
  • Kat Scrappiness Autumn Foliage Dies
  • Kat Scrappiness Happy Thanksgiving Dies
  • Stampin' Up! Early Espresso Card Stock
  • SU! Delightful Dijon Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Tangerine Tango Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Cajun Craze Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Old Olive Card Stock & Ink
  • Gold Paper from Michaels
  • Plaid Paper from Paper Rose
  • Gold Sequins (from my stash)
  • Gold Rope from Stampin' Up!

I really had so much fun with my little Kat Scrappiness haul. It's perfect for autumn and I know I'll get a lot of use out of all my products. I especially love the Happy Thanksgiving Die Set because it can be such an overlooked holiday in the shadow of Christmas. But I'm sure that there are a lot of lonely people out there who would love to get a Thanksgiving card too.

If you'd like to participate in this challenge and would like to include a Bible verse on your card, feel free to use this one above from Word Art Wednesday and enter their challenge. You don't have to use this scripture either! Just come on over and play along with us!

My most generous thanks to Karen and everyone over at Word Art Wednesday for giving me this great opportunity to participate in their challenge!

Just a note, I wasn't paid to review these products and they weren't given to me for free. This is a totally unbiased review of these products!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to look into those shaker fronts. I never do them for the same reasons - but sometimes they would be just right for whoever I'm sending the card to. I love your gold sequins with the beautiful leaves and fall patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Kim! These are really fun and easy to use. Give them a try.

      Delete