Friday, October 20, 2023

Monstrous Birthday Greetings

What I love most about Halloween are the little kids that come around trick or treating. I loved it when my kids were little, and even though we're empty nesters now (at least for the time being) I still pass out candy. Our neighborhood has a carnival right down the street, and afterwards all the kids come by looking for candy. Most years we have around 300 kids. I can't wait!

And this little stamp set from CTMH reminds me so much of that night. It's a really fun set that also includes candy, but I didn't feel I had enough room on the card for that, so the little monsters will have to stand alone.

This card is going into the following challenges: NBUS, as this is the first time I'm using this set, and Shopping Our Stash, whose theme is Franken-Card.

My complete supply list is:

  • CTMH Monstrous Halloween Stamps & Dies
  • Stampin' Up! Parakeet Party Ink
  • SU! Gorgeous Grape Ink & Card Stock
  • SU! Poppy Parade Ink
  • Memento Teal Zeal Ink
  • Memento Tangerine Tango Ink
  • Yellow Star Background Paper
  • Doodlebug Designs Striped Paper
  • Copics R32 & Y15
These cards (I actually made two the same) are going to two people who have Halloween birthdays. It's so fun to combine those things, especially when the stamps say just the right thing like here.

Thanks so much to everyone over at those challenge blogs who work so hard putting together these challenges for us, and thanks to you for stopping by today! Have a safe and fun Halloween! 

6 comments:

  1. I always love fun little monsters ... so glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat Drink & Be Spooky...I love it!! What a fun take on our challenge!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Franken-Card" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #SOS507

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Barb, 300 little monsters is a LOT! I'm so jealous because they are so adorable and the fact that you have a carnival, too, makes your town the funnest place on earth! Your birthday card is also adorable and so perfect for October birthdays! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Darnell. Yes it is fun here on Halloween! The cards have already left and hopefully are making someone happy this year! :)

      Delete
    2. SmilynStef, for some reason Blogger isn't letting me comment on your comment. Ugh! Who knows, maybe both will show up tomorrow! Anyway, thank you so much for the kind words and for coming over to my blog! :)

      Delete