Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Appreciating Our Pastor (& Staff)

I guess you could say that I'm the card lady at church. I often bring in my lucite rack and let people take any cards they may need. I love sharing that way.

Well October is Pastor Appreciation Month, and I was asked to make cards for not only our Pastor, but the secretary, custodian and our hired nursery care worker.

It was quite a task, and I relied on digital images to pull all these off in a short period of time.

Starting with our Senior Pastor, I came up with this card. This looks so much like our little church with it's old-fashioned wooden pews and a stack of hymnals and Bibles. Although now we're more likely to see his iPad on the pew as he controls the sound and communicates with others in the sanctuary. Still, our church does look like this, and I was happy to have been able to create this card for him.

In addition to the digital image, I used
different colors of card stock and embossed the blue. After it's all mounted, I tied it up with a red piece of twine. I'm hoping the bow isn't too feminine.

This card is a little larger than my usual A2's, coming in at just around 5" x 7" because I thought we may all sign it and need the extra space.

I also had to make a card for our custodian, whom I don't know at all. I played it safe with a red, white, yellow and blue card. Guy cards can be so hard for me sometimes! I hope he likes it! Anyway, the important thing is that he knows that we appreciate him.

Lastly, we do hire a nursery helper and I made her card with little animals on it, kind of a representation of the little ones we have in the nursery. I hope she likes hers too.

If you happen to need any of these, feel free to use the free digital images provided below. But no matter what kind of card you give, making sure our pastor's and staff know we appreciate them is so important, especially this time of year!

To see the church secretary's card and get that free digi, click HERE. It's really pretty and can be used for any kind of feminine thank you card. It's perfect if you're looking for something in lavender.

Here's are the free digis. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Page Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 

I hope you enjoy these freebies, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! 





No comments:

Post a Comment