Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Retro Rubber Challenge 213

Some cards are so easy to make. A few taps here and there, some adhesive, and a beautiful card appears.

This card took a little more work. Perhaps it's my own fault. Masculine cards aren't something that I usually feel confident about making. Yet that's one of the categories I chose over at Retro Rubber's Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge this week.

We all need guy cards to send, and I thought that the first row across the top would be easy. All I needed was an animal, patterned paper and a masculine theme. It's a perfect combo for fall too!

Well, over an hour and five owls later, I came up with this card. I do actually like it, but it was a real challenge for me. But that's what I signed up for when I took this challenge, right!? 

Anyway my complete supply list is:

  • Woodware Owl Stamp (2018)
  • Gifted Patterned Paper (from an old paper pad)
  • Stampin’ Up! Wild Wheat Card Stock
  • SU! Soft Suede Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Sahara Sand Card Stock
  • Speckletone True White Card Stock
  • Michaels Clear Embossing Powder
  • SU! Pear Pizzazz Ink
  • SU! Daffodil Delight Ink
  • SU! Birch Embossing Folder
  • Blender Brushes
  • Sentiment from Papertrey Ink

We go through a lot as card makers but it's worth it. I love the creative process, especially the fact that you don't always know what your finished product is going to look like when you first start.

The owls that didn't make the cut!
Like I said, I really do like this owl. He fits the masculine theme well and I think he'll make someone out there really happy. As for the owls that didn't make the cut, I may salvage some of them. And even when cards don't come out quite like we hoped, we're honing our skills that will help us make the process easier next time!

If I have time before this challenge ends, I may try to go back and shoot for the bottom row. Watercolor, circles and a die sound like such a good time! If you get a chance, grab your older stamps and head over to Retro Rubber any time for a lot of fun challenges!

And a big thanks to everyone over there at Retro Rubber for some great inspiration! I really appreciate and enjoy your challenges!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful owl, Barb - I think you nailed this one! Such cool papers, any guy would love this! I like your 2nd string owls, too - I see more cards in the future, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete