Monday, February 5, 2024

Retro Rubber Challenge #223 Winter Blues

Over at Retro Rubber this time their Challenge #223 is all about blues. The truth is, I'm not really good at using the color blue and I don't really know why. I guess we all have colors that we're more comfortable with and others that prove more of a challenge. Such it is with blue for me, but that's what makes a challenge good.

For my blues, I chose to use the Stampin' Up Set from 2015 called Petal Potpourri. It's one of my favorites, especially this flower. I like it because it's a little rustic, and it has the coordinating center that gives each flower a finished look.

In order to pull off using multiple blues, I did some double dipping with my ink pads, starting with the lighter colors first then adding darker ones around the edges. 

Here's my complete supply list:

  • Stampin' Up! Petal Potpourri (2015)
  • SU! Marina Mist Ink
  • SU! Blueberry Bushel Ink
  • SU!Seaside Spray Ink
  • SU! Balmy Blue Ink & Card Stock
  • Memento Danube Blue Ink
  • Memento Paris Dusk Ink
  • Meemnto Nautical Blue Ink
  • SU! Crushed Curry Ink
  • Authentique Freedom-Virtue Patterned Paper
  • Die from Recollections (Michaels)
  • Sentiment from Pockful of Happiness
  • Clear Rhinestones (Michaels)

Once again I'm thankful to have been stretched in my craft room. It felt good to drag out so many blue inks and create something that I would have never made on my own. If you get a chance be sure to check out Retro Rubber this week or any other for a lot of fun challenges! And thanks for stopping by today!

#rrcb223

6 comments:

  1. Ah, what a fun flowery birthday card made with your challenging colors. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my card Barb. I am the opposite to you, I love using blues and find myself drawn to them. I love your card, great use of the blues. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire. I admire your use of blues. It's wonderful that we are all drawn to different things! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete