Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Pumpkin Pudding Recipe

When my son was young and my daughter not even born yet, I worked part time at a daycare center. It was a wonderful place that provided so much for the kids. At the time, they even had a cook on staff (think peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and goldfish crackers) that provided breakfast, lunches and snacks for the kids. One autumn day the cook got creative and make Pumpkin Pudding for the kids. I loved it so much that I saved the recipe for all these years.

The recipe on the right is my original recipe from 24 years ago, but it's NOT the one that I'm making now. How she put an uncooked egg in the mixture is beyond me. That sounds dangerous to the kids, but I'm not an egg person. The only place I want to see an egg is baked in a cake. So I tweaked this recipe and came up with my own version. It's so delicious, and made with milk and pumpkin, it's has some good nutritional benefits too. I think that fresh milk is better for everyone than evaporated milk, especially kids. It gives the pudding a really fresh taste.

Below are some sweet memories of me with my daycare class. I'm sitting on the floor on the bottom left and my little guy, who's now almost 26, is on the front row in a striped shirt. It's amazing how quickly time goes by!


And finally, the recipe:

No comments:

Post a Comment