Thursday, April 27, 2023

NBUS Challenge #49

It's amazing how quickly the months go by! I have just three days to get this entry into the NBUS Challenge #49. And my card really qualifies! First of all, I've never used the die, and for a sad reason.

I ordered this die on eBay because my daughter was coming home for Christmas break and wanted me to help her make some "Dorm Dec's" for her building. She's the RD or Resident Director of her dorm at App State in North Carolina. Apparently decorating your dorm room doors is a big thing in university. Anyway, weeks went by and the die never came. I was so frustrated. I needed it for her winter break, not later. I contacted the seller and he insisted it was delivered and asked for proof that it wasn't. Hmmm.... I still haven't figured out how to prove that! A refund was out of the question.

Clover went back home to North Carolina. I wrote the guy a bad review. I have never done that in my 20 years of eBay history. I hated doing it, but the die never came and he wasn't giving me my money back.

Fast forward three months. We're having our house painted. Guess what the painter found, tattered in the bushes? The die. I felt so bad for giving this guy a bad review. I tried to revoke it, but according to eBay policy, I couldn't. 

One thing I noticed is that it was drop-shipped from Amazon. If I had just bought it from Amazon they could have proven with a photo that it was delivered. The whole thing was a debacle.

Anyway I've felt too guilty to even use this die, until today. I bought it because Clover loved it and I wanted to honor her by making her a birthday card with it. She'll be opening it when she's in Montana, hopefully at Glacier National Park. It seemed like the perfect design for a card for her.

So my NBUS products are:

  • Mountain Road Die
  • Sentiment Strips

I found the perfect sentiment for her birthday card in a package of sympathy sentiments. It simply says, "I love you so very much." Perfect for her birthday this year!

I also just used some various colors of card stock and a simple glue stick.

Well it's just about time to get another NBUS card underway. I love the challenge of using a product that I've never used before. Thanks to Darnell and everyone else over there for putting together another great challenge!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, what a story, Barb! You shouldn't feel guilty because you did try to revoke the review and it is a lovely die. (The person who should get a bad review is the delivery guy!) But it's water down the mountain stream now and I'm glad you finally used it to make this beautiful card for Clover! She will cherish it! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I totally understand your frustration. It's why I order directly from sites I trust like Amazon, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, etc. But yes, this does mean you have bigger fish to fry. Love your cards, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Candace! Yes, I should buy for more reputable places I guess.😅

      Delete