Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A Day In Fanning Springs, Florida

Here I am at Point Of View Antiques, finally!
(It's kind of cold in north Florida! 
 should have worn pants!)

If you're visiting Florida and are looking for a quaint afternoon, be sure to check out Point of View Antiques in Fanning Springs. It's 2 1/2 hours northwest of Disney, but worlds apart.

Normally this place would have escaped my radar. It's nowhere near any main roads. But back when I worked full time at my family's gourmet food business, Point Of View Antiques was a customer of ours. They regularly bought our products and sampled them often. I always wanted to visit, and we finally got there!

Here's some of our Monk's Meadow Products (in the blue
boxes) that we sold them. Sadly, we had to close
down in 2019.

If you love antiques and vintage items this place is a must see. From most of America, it's pretty close to being on the way to just about anywhere in Florida. And you can check them out on Facebook too!

Like so many other antique shops today, they have a great variety of new, gifty things that are unique and hard to find at other places. For example, I bought a cute pull chain for my ceiling fan there. They also have local handmade items as well.

The owner's dog kept my son occupied while we shopped!
Afterwards, there are plenty of great barbeque restaurants scattered along US 19. We grabbed some slow-smoked brisket, then went over to Fanning Springs State Park along the Suwannee River. It was a misty-rainy day, but the food was great and so was the state park.
Here's my daughter in one of the booths. There's such a nice mix of antiques, vintage items and new country decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment