Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Upcycled Calendar Christmas Cards

This was my very first attempt at upcycling a calendar to create some easy greeting cards.

I started with December from this calendar:

The weight is a bit heavier than envelope paper, but not it's not as heavy as card stock, so it worked out perfectly for both the envelope and the card fronts. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture before I cut up December's artwork, but here are my results:


I was able to get two cards, one quite large and one a smaller note card size out of one calendar month.

I was grateful that the artist's name showed up on the largest card.


I used an envelope board to make this envelope. Avery labels make it easy to write the addresses. I'm not crazy about how it looks in the front, but the back turned out well:


The large card, which I think turned out really well, is going to be mailed in a clear envelope:


Well, that's it for today! In January I hope to do a YouTube video showing more detail of how this is made and some different tips, but for now, this is what I've got. Showing off the artwork of this great artist is wonderful, and giving an old calendar a second chance is great too, but the fact that it's almost free is a big plus too!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Barb! I love my Lang calendars and like to use them to make envelopes and flat gift bags, as well as pages in my journal-making. The paper quality is lovely! Your cards and envelope are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad you like upcycling calendars too!

      Delete