Friday, May 3, 2024

Word Power Challenge May 2024

One thing I'm really loving is the (fairly) new Word Power Challenge. This card is made for challenge #5. They have some really amazing cards over there this month. All the design team member's have great cards, but their guest designer Gloria's card is especially lovely. Be sure to stop over there if you haven't done so already and play along if you want!

The goal of their challenge is to use a sentiment as a main focus of your card. At first I didn't think I had too many large sentiment stamps on hand, but it's amazing how many I can make fit this category.

Today's card starts off with a sentiment from the Stampin' Up! set called Sorry For Everything. The hearts and flower come from another SU! set called Heart Happiness. All of the images are fussy-cut. The black and white paper is also from SU! It's all mounted on SU! Poppy Parade card stock.

"Sorry" cards are often difficult for me to make because I worry that they may be a bit to cheery for the occasion. This card started off with the sentiment "Sorry for the loss of your furry friend," as I see quite a few posts on The Angel Card Project for people who have lost their pets and I thought it would be good to have some of those cards on hand. But after adding the hearts and flowers, plus the main color being red, it seemed too cheery for the loss of a pet.

I'll save this one for a happy occasion like when someone is moving on to a better place or a job promotion. Hopefully the hearts will convey love for that person and won't be seen as inappropriate for a "Sorry" card!

I'm sure I think too much about this stuff. I often think back to what my daughter once told me, "Mom, it's just a card." 

Thanks for stopping by today, and thanks to Darlene and Diane for a great challenge blog!

2 comments:

  1. A striking card Barb - love the red, white and black combination. I know what you mean by overthinking - I got behind on cards recently, and the recipients of even the simple ones loved them - I needn't have worried!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautifully created card and perfect inspiration for our challenge, happy to hear you are liking our new challenge and we are happy to have Gloria join us this month as guest designer with her gorgeous card too, thank you for your kind words!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
    Diane WP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Word Power}

    ReplyDelete