Saturday, May 4, 2024

A "Big Sister" Crochet Blanket

After completing a baby blanket for a friend at church, she and her family loved it so much that I thought I would make one for the big sister. In this case, she's nine and going to be a sister for the first time. I wanted to make her feel really special by making her her very own blanket. It's bigger than her little brother's blanket, and the colors are much cooler.

I love this pattern because it's easy to keep track of the stitch counts as you're watching TV or talking to others. That's something I really struggle with so it's important for me to have something that's easy to keep track of.

You can find the video showing how to make this  pattern HERE on YouTube and my post to the original baby blanket HERE. It's amazing how different the same pattern can look with different kinds of yarn.

I'm giving it to her this Sunday and I'm hoping she really likes it.

If you're looking for an easy yet fun blanket to crochet in any size, be sure to check out the link above. If your a beginner to intermediate crochter, you'll love this pattern.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet gesture, Barb - I am sure it will be deeply appreciated by both the 'big sister' and her parents. The blanket looks gorgeous in both colourways
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Maxine! She absolutely loved the blanket and it made me feel so good too. She's going to be a great big sister! :)

      Delete