Monday, September 2, 2024

Ribbon Tied Keepsake Cards


Last week was my 62nd birthday and I got a fair amount of cards. Saving cards from birthdays is something I've always done. I have a decorative box and for years I've just piled them in there. This year, I tried something different. 

I sorted the cards and threw most of the envelopes away, but I did save a few. The pretty ones made it, and this one on the right, which has my birthday and city and state on it makes a nice memento. Then I chose one for the front of the stack and chose a matching bow. Before tying it, I used a small die to cut out a scalloped tag. I used some small stamps to stamp the year, but you can certainly hand-write that in as well. I used some thin gold thread to make a tie, then tied it all together.

Components of the date tag. 

The last picture below shows the pile of cards. Nice enough, but grouping them together really does make them more special.

As I get older, I realize that some of the cards that I receive may be one of the last ones from some people. I've already experienced that with my step-father who passed away five years ago. He was like a real father to me, and each of the times that he signed a card is twice as precious now. So I'm starting to take treasuring these cards more seriously now. And I think this is a little extra special way to do that!


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to keep the cards in such a pretty fashion, Barb - love the idea
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete