Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Happy Autumn Banner


When I read that someone in The Angel Card Project loved to decorate for fall, I had the idea to make a banner for her instead of just a card.

I've made banners like this before, and while I like it, looking at it in the pictures and after it was finished, I wished I had made the stamped letters in a little darker color. I still think it looks pretty good and I'm pretty sure the recipient will like it. Often I'm too hard on myself, but it's also good to think about how I can make things better in the future too. :)

The supplies are simple. I used Stampin' Up!'s Large Letters Stamps and Dies in traditional SU! fall colors. Most are still in the lineup, but one that I used that isn't is called Delightful Dijon. It's the perfect fall ink color in my opinion.

The leaves are also from Stampin' Up! The set is called Vintage Leaves and it too is one of my all-time favorite sets. The wood grain paper came from an old Christmas Paper Pack Set. The banner is strung together with brown twine from Michaels and finished off with some raffia that I tied into bows.

Wishing you a very Happy Autumn too, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

A little bit of a closer look. I think it looks a bit better here! 

4 comments:

  1. I never venture away from cards - but your banner is inspiring me! I love the big letters and the pretty fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim! I too prefer cards but do venture out sometimes. I'm glad I've inspired you a bit! :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous and thoughtful gesture Barb. i am sure the recipient will be blessed\
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete