Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Feeling Fallish at Retro Rubber


As my 25-year-old daughter frequently says, 'I'm gonna be real.' This card was a bear to make! No fault to Retro Rubber though. I just had to try out a new technique, and it didn't go quite as I had planned. I guess after stamping for so many years, I'm not used to things being difficult. But here's what happened with this card.

I loved the colors over at Retro Rubber Challenge #239 (#rrcb239). The theme is Feeling Fallish, and even though it's still in the low 90's here in Florida, I am feeling fallish for sure. I'm crafting fall things and drinking pumpkin coffee and planning what I'm going to wear to Wisconsin next month. I will be so excited to drink a pumpkin coffee in a sweater while looking at autumn leaves. 

Here's my lineup of ink colors to match the Retro Rubber ones:

I recently saw a technique on Pinterest that I thought would be perfect for this theme and set. You tape off certain areas of card stock and brush them with ink. The card on the left below is my first attempt. I didn't like it because the lines between the inking were crooked. I abandoned that then stamped my image with Versa Mark and used clear embossing powder, then brushed over the images (on the right). It was almost perfect, but I threw in some Rich Razzleberry Ink and it was too dark. But the third time is a charm!

FAIL!

Since I have the dies to this set, I'll cut these out and use them on other cards. And finally, my complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Lighthearted Leaves (2015)
  • SU! Very Vanilla Card Stock
  • SU! Inks (pictured above)
  • Simon Says Stamp Cream Embossing Powder
  • Versa Mark Ink
  • Michaels Card Stock in Purple and Orange
  • Sizzix Border Dies (559200)

Many thanks to everyone over at Retro Rubber for another fun challenge. I really feel like I've been stretched and have learned a lot with this one. I already know whom I'll be sending this card to on Thanksgiving, and I'm looking forward to making two other similar cards with the "mistakes."

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a crafty day! 

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, Barb, I so love this! You totally used one of my favorite leaf sets - so pretty! Love the emboss resist style you used as well - so fun! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite sets too Heather! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete