Saturday, September 21, 2024

3 Halloween Cross Stitch Freebies

Hello crafty friends! Today I completed three adorable, and not too scary, cross stitch pieces that I wanted to share with you.

The first two are the smaller cats on the right. The patterns are from Pinker & Punkin. Her designs are so adorable, and what I really like about these two is that they fit perfectly in a 3" x 3" frame. I picked mine up from Michaels for 2.99 each.

The link to the top cat is HERE.

The second cat, also a freebie from Melisa at Pinker & Punkin is available HERE. This cat had the border around the edges, and I just copied it onto the above cat, which didn't have a border.

On all three of these designs I used DMC floss that was a little different than the colors they suggested. I did this because I wanted to match another piece I was working on.

The third piece, the jack-o-lantern in a coffee mug is from an Italian designer who also has so many cute free patterns on her blog. The link to this particular pattern is HERE

A note about the larger image: I put it in a 5" x 7" frame that I found at Ross. I wasn't looking for a frame, but I passed them by and this one really jumped out at me. I thought it was perfect for Halloween and to my delight it was on clearance for less than $5.00. I like how different it looks. To make the image fit, I went through my vintage button jar and pulled out several black buttons and arranged them around the image. I like the look because I have a little "Happy Halloween" saying that is about 2" tall and I can put it in front of this without blocking the view of the stitched image.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these freebies and that you'll like stitching them as well. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment