Sunday, April 16, 2023

Janlynn's Joy In The Journey Cross Stitch Kit

Hurricane Ian was ready to make landfall somewhere on the west coast of Florida in the Fall of 2022. I've been through hurricanes before, but this one really made me nervous. The track was, at one point, scheduled to hit the coast just 6 miles from my house. I live right where the 2 is on the map to the right.I went to bed that night thinking that we need to update our will now that our kids are adults.

I knew it would be a rough time, so a couple of days before it got bad, I ordered a cross stitch kit to keep my mind off of it all. I needed it fast, so I went to Amazon to find it. It came in time and was the perfect companion for those windy times.

As it turns out, we were fine, but our neighbors just a few hundred miles south of us weren't. The damage was devastating to so many.


Stitching really keeps me calm in so many situations and I'm glad that I had this project during that time.

In the YouTube video below, I also talk a little about the cost of professional framing. It's expensive! Now I try to find frames at yard sales and thrift stores and upcycle them. Not only is it cost-effective, it's actually fun!

See my full review below:

No comments:

Post a Comment