Sunday, April 16, 2023

Autumn Cross Stitch

This FREE PATTERN has been on my Pinterest board for years. I always knew I'd like to take up cross stitching again so I kept it around. Well I'm happy to say that this past fall I finally got it finished. It's a small pattern, but it's one that you really have to pay attention to because of the detail and rounded nature of the design. I was able to keep up with it without any mistakes and that made me really happy.

Instead of framing it, I used an old sign that I found at the thrift store and painted and sanded it. It only cost a couple of dollars. I've got to keep my costs down. You can see just what I did on the video below.

The coolest thing that happened with this is that the original designer of this pattern contacted me via YouTube! She lives in France, Paris to be exact! She no longer designs, but was happy to see me use her design in a YouTube video. It was so very exciting talking to her. Sometimes it's easy to think that it's just a big digital world out there, but there really are people behind all these posts!

This piece is one that I really love and plan on using for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment