Monday, April 17, 2023

Psalm 46:10 Cross Stitch

A friend of mine loves this verse, and I wanted to stitch her something kind of quickly so she could have it in time for Christmas I found THIS PATTERN on Etsy and felt it was perfect. It was easy enough to do and enjoy during the holiday season.

I also loved it because, after adding a simple border and some matching buttons, it fit perfectly into an 8 x 10 frame. I even redid an old frame that my mother gave me using paints and varnish that I had, so that was a freebie too.

One thing I always try to do is to frame my cross stitch pieces as economically as possible. (Yep, I'm cheap!) I collect frames that I like when I see them at thrift stores and yard sales, and it usually pays off. Redoing frames is kind of fun and it's amazing how much money you save. 

On one of my recent finished, the framing cost close to $100.00 on a similar size. It was a custom size, which adds to the expense, but still, that's a lot of money. Now, before I even stitch something, I try to think about how I am going to finish it.

Another way to inexpensively finish a piece is by turning it into a pillow. This is an especially good idea fo those things that are oddly shaped.

Putting borders, buttons, additional stitched designs and using fabric are also clever ways to get those oddly shaped pieces into standard frames.

I was glad to be able to make this for my friend. She's struggling with some health issues right now and I know this piece will give her some much-needed encouragement.

I fumble my way through this project a little here on this video below, but it shows how I got to the finished project. You may find it helpful.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment