Monday, April 17, 2023

Whimsical Snowman Freebie

I stumbled upon this adorable guy on Pinterest one day, and was so please to find that he is a FREEBIE over at Notforgotten Farm. I love all of her cross stitch designs, and many of them are free. There are at least two others freebies that I really want to stitch. If you click HERE you'll go directly to the freebies page. It's about halfway down. 

She doesn't list the colors, but here are the ones that I used:

  • Shirt: 3857
  • Head: Ecru
  • Coal Smile, Eye Pupils & Hat: 310
  • Eyes: 927 (*see note about eyes below)
  • Carrot Nose: 3776
  • Hat Band & Crosses Up Top: 920
  • Vines From Hat: 610
  • Yellowish Leaves: 3829
  • Greenish Leaves: 3052

*The sample looks like it was designed on a lighter background using a darker floss for his head. I used 14 count aida in Toast from Hobby Lobby. Since my fabric was a bit darker, I used a lighter (Ecru) floss for his head. Since white wouldn't show up well around his eyes, I changed them to light bluish-gray.

Even though he's an autumn/winter guy, I love him too much to put him anywhere but on a wall year round. I also think he'll blend in really well with samplers. Having a "picture" kind of breaks up the monotony of a lot of lettered pieces.

I'm really glad to have taken the time to stitch this because he's an adorable addition!

No comments:

Post a Comment