Tuesday, April 18, 2023

An Easter Freebie From Me

Making cross stitch patterns is a true art form in many different ways and I'm quickly learning that it's something that I don't do real well yet. It takes a lot of practice and professionalism. I love the thought that I can actually imagine a design and potentially make it come to life with a needle and floss, but it's not as easy as it looks. That's why I would rather rely on the skills of those who are so good at it.

But sometimes things happen that make me want to create my own design and this is one of those times. 

It all started with this frame. I fell in love with this little 3" frame at Michaels and it was only $3.00. I thought it would be really cute to stitch up a mini Easter pattern for it. Well try as I might, I couldn't find anything I really liked that fit into it. So that's where I created my own.

I'll include the pattern here, but beware, mine did come out a little smaller when stitched on 14 count aida and I had to go back and add a little more on the ends. That wasn't too hard to do, but it's certainly not very professional!

Anyway, I like dabbling with charts and I'm happy to have made this. Feel free to use this chart but if you distribute it in any way please give me credit here on my blog. It's also not to be sold.

If you click on the chart it will should get larger and if you decide to print it out it should fill an entire 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper so it would be easier to read.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment