Saturday, April 22, 2023

Clover Jude's Pickup Truck



I just finished this cross stitch piece for my beautiful daughter. Her given name is Charlotte, but she recently wanted to identify as Clover Jude, and that's fine with me. It's a non-binary name that she feels fits her perfectly right now. And I love the name too.

Since she's only one year away from graduating with her master's in Student Housing, she's just about ready to set off to start her new life as a professional. I know she won't be able to keep this in her office because it's too cute-sy, but hopefully it will find a nice place in her new home.

She also just got a tattoo of a clover today too. It's her first ever tattoo, and the first in our immediate family. Neither her brother, Dad or me have one. She's truly a trailblazer!

Right now she's fine with me still calling her my daughter. If she wants to be called just "child" in the future that's fine too. And I may have to get better at using "they" and "them" pronouns rather than "she" and "her," but that's fine. I love her and it doesn't matter to me how she identifies. She'll always be my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment