Friday, April 14, 2023

Spring Swing for Retro Rubber

This week over at Retro Rubber their celebrating their 204th challenge with a Spring Scene theme, rrcb204. I took the title of this challenge very literally, and I really wanted to find a stamp that was a scene of some kind rather than just flowers. This little girl from My Favorite Things was my go-to for this project. I'm not sure of the date, but I looked her up online and she's no longer on their website. I know I've had the set for at least 5 years, so she definitely qualifies as "retro rubber," which I love. It's so easy to always want new stuff (I'm guilty, my Stampin' Up! order is en route as I write this) but there's something special about pulling out an old set that you once loved and making a new card from it. I'm always so grateful to them and their challenges for encouraging me to do that. There were no dies that went along with this set, but fussy-cutting is something I really enjoy, so I didn't mind.

Anyway,  here's my finished card. My complete supply list is:

  • My Favorite Things Sweet Friends Stamp Set
  • Lawn Fawn Spiffy Speckles Paper
  • Misc. Dot Paper (from my stash)
  • Copic Markers E34, Y23, Y11, E01, Y15, YR07, R35, R43, RV52
  • Memento Black Ink
  • White Card Stock
  • Misc. Yellow Ribbon (gifted from a friend)

I'm hoping someone at my church will love sending this to a friend and cheer them a little this spring. Thanks again to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber for another great challenge! Be sure to check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cutie, Barb! Love these bright colors, too - and great curves! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Barb. Love the scene you have created. I totally agree that RR helps me relove something again! Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Claire! I always enjoy playing at Retro Rubber!

      Delete