Saturday, April 22, 2023

Vintage Atlas Card & Envelope


This week there was a 7-year-old boy on The Angel Card Project who loves mail and geography. This is also the week that I happened to buy an old atlas at an estate sale for $1.00. I paired the two up and made him a card with my hometown on the front and his hometown on the front of the homemade envelope.

I'm including this in the Miscellaneous Crafts section as well because this is easily a card that can be made without any fancy supplies. Simply buy and old (or new) atlas, but out the areas that you want to feature and glue them on regular card stock from the craft store.

If you want to add wording, simply hand-write or print something from your computer. You don't need a fancy truck like I put on. I was going to just add a simple "Happy Birthday" stamped word but when I opened my birthday stamp box this jumped out at me and I thought it would be adorable, especially for a little boy, on a card with a map.

For the truck I used a set from Taylored Expressions called "Big Delivery." It's such a fun set, but it's from 2015 and isn't available anymore unless you buy it used. I also used white card stock from Michaels (110#) and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. The Sentiment "From Our House To Yours" is from Avery Elle's set called Chalet. The Copics I used are: R24, C5, C1 and C3.

I think it turned out really cute. I'm mailing it Monday and I can't wait for him to get it. I'll be looking for other opportunities too to create and send cards and envelopes to others. I have 48 pages left in my atlas!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment