Monday, April 17, 2023

Christmas Ornaments From A Sampler

Since this is my daughter's first year away from home at Christmas, and since she bought herself a little tree for her apartment, I wanted to send her some homemade ornaments. I found THIS PATTERN on Etsy and fell in love with it for several reasons. First, the design is just adorable. I love how it looks good on so many different backgrounds too. I also liked the fact that you can stitch a little square one at a time. It's good to be able to see your progress being made. And lastly, I like it because it's so easy to turn these individual blocks into ornaments, which is what I did for this project.

Finishing them was really simple too. I bought some stiff, red felt and cut it just a little bigger than each ornament. The loops are made with mini rick rack that I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

This is one of the few patterns that I really think I'll use again. I'd like to do the entire sampler at some point for my own house. I also think these would be really easy to send in snail mail envelopes at Christmas. There are so many lonely people out there who would love to have a little gift like this. I really need to carve out time to send some of these this year.

The video below gives a little bit more detail into the making of these. If you're looking for something cute to stitch for Christmas, this may be just the pattern for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment