Monday, May 8, 2023

Modern Cross Stitch Bird

As much as I love old samplers and country designs for cross stitching, right now I'm spending some time building up enough pieces to make a modern cross stitch section on a wall in our bedroom. I like things that look Scandinavian, at least for a start. My next project is a little on the funky side, but I think they'll all go together nicely.

This little finish is my first piece to go on that wall. I found it ON PINTEREST as a freebie. I believe it came from an old cross stitch magazine, which is no longer available to buy. I'm pretty careful not to steal designs if they're still for sale. I usually check this by doing an image search in Google. Often free patterns on Pinterest are still for sale at places like 123Stitch.com, one of my favorite places to shop online. So I always buy the pattern rather than copy it. But for this one, I found no links to be able to buy it.

I started with 28 Count White Linen and miscellaneous flosses that I had leftover from my daughter. I stitched 3 strands over 3 rows on the linen. It was a lot more difficult than it sounds because I had to count a lot. More than once stitches were pulled out because I got off track. I left it in it's round wooden hoop and decorated the top with a homemade calico bow.

All things considered, I'm glad I made this piece. I really like how it looks, it was short and easy, and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment