Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenge 605

I like to look at all my favorite challenges when they first come out and take some time to think about each one. This one over at Try Stampin' On Tuesday struck me as really fun because I love putting three things on cards. Usually it's flowers, and I often chide myself for not being more creative. So when I saw this challenge I sat on it for a while. Then it hit me. I have a cactus set from Stampin' Up! that would be perfect. I pictured them all sitting on three shelves. But then when I went to find that set, another set popped out at me. And because the optional theme is Mother's Day, and this set has those exact words in it, and because I do need a Mother's Day card for this weekend, I feel like I've stumbled on the perfect combination.

Because the flowers in pots/vases are kind of big, I needed to make this card a 5 x 7 size. My mom will like that too because she often complains that my cards (A2 size) are too small. I wouldn't want to give her a Mother's Day card that she didn't love!

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin' Up! Just Because Stamp Set
  • SU! True Love DSP
  • Bo Bunny Striped Paper
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Copics YR23, Y23, YG13, YG17, YG61, G82, YR07, YR18,  R24, R32, R35
  • Black Card Stock

I'm so thankful to Kaylin and everyone over at TSOT for encouraging me to create a much-needed Mother's Day card this week. Just a few gifts to wrap and a bouquet of flowers to buy and I'll be ready to go this Sunday. 

#TSOT605

8 comments:

  1. Clever use of the sketch Barb! Love the plant shelf idea. This is a wonderful Mother's Day card! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Barb, I LOVE your Mother's Day card! Such a clever interpretation of our sketch, too. I really like your use of black & white for the background and shelves so that the beautifully colored flowers and their pots take the spotlight!! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, thank you so very much! It was such a fun challenge!

      Delete
  3. I am a crazy plant lady, so I adore this! Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!

    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card. I love the bold black and white background panel and the beautiful plants. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, TSOT Design Team

    ReplyDelete