Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Cardz 4 Guyz #321 Get Messy

I love the challenge of making guy cards, and Cards 4 Guys is always a great place to start. Today's challenge was to get messy, and that I did!
I was crafting right along with the potatoes tonight!

First I stamped the dog directly onto the card stock, then stamped it again on white paper. I used the white paper to mask the dog so that the spray wouldn't get on him too.

I didn't have a spray bottle or marker mister, so I had to do this the old fashioned way with water, ink and paint brushes. At first it was a little intimidating. It had been a while since I did this. But then it was fun. I mixed about 5 drops of ink with about 2 t. of water, dipped the brush in then ran my finger across the bristles, shooting drops of ink everywhere.

This messy part was fun!
I used three different colors of Stampin' Up! ink. Saving old discontinued bottles of ink is perfect for occasions like this. This step was really fun. I liked how it was looking...until one big blue blob landed too close to his head. The spraying looked so perfect except for that. To remedy the situation, I cut out the dog with a die from Sizzix. Then using 2 more dies I cut a frame out. I mounted the frame on the card front and it covered the blob perfectly. Then I popped the dog out with dimensionals.

After I fixed the problem of the big blob, I tried stamping some trees from the same set as a background. I hated how that looked. The only thing to do was to cover it with a sentiment. I first made the strip that covered the area then had to find a stamp to fit inside it. Thankfully I had this one from a set called Hello Cupcake.

The trees weren't like i pictured them to be.

All things considered, this was a really fun card to make. And this challenge definitely encouraged to do more ink splatter projects.

My complete supply list is:

  • Stampin’ Up! Delightful Dogs Stamp Set
  • SU! Cinnamon Cider Ink & Card Stock
  • SU! Hello Cupcake (sentiment)
  • SU! Sticky Brads
  • SU! Marina Mist Ink & Card Stock
  • Oatmeal Speckletone Card Stock
  • Copics E35 and R20
  • Simon Says Stamp Ultra Fine Cream Embossing Powder

She's a little sleepy in this picture.
On a fuzzy note, Bella was excited because mom was spending so much time in the kitchen late at night. She got out of bed because she thought I may be cooking something. She always waits patiently in the dining area with great hopes of food.

After all the bumps along the way, I really like how this card turned out. It was truly a challenge and one that I’m glad I did. I stretched my skills well out of my comfort level and had so much fun doing it. And I now have another masculine birthday card to send to a guy. Thanks to everyone over at Cardz 4 Guyz for a great challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Bella is a cutie!! Card is great as well!! Thanks for "getting messy" with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked the masculine element of our challenge with your splattered background and cute puppy stamp!! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G321

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliments DJ! It was so fun participating in this challenge! ☺️

      Delete
  2. Fabulous Messy Technique. The Splats turned out great! Super masculine card, Bella. Thank you for joining C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card for any dog loving guyz. I love the way you've spotlighted your pooch. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete