Tuesday, May 23, 2023

God Bless America Freebie



I found this freebie from The Nebby Needle on Pinterest. It's always a blessing to get a pattern for free. They did suggest colors on the pattern, but I changed the colors to use what I had. I did buy navy DMC.

The frame came from the Salvation Army. I picked it up for $1.99. After stitching the words, I made a custom but simple checkerboard pattern simply by putting the aida down on the table and placing the frame over it. This gave me the ability to see where my borders needed to be.

Originally I planned on stitching a quilt block design on each end, then I remembered that I have quite a few buttons, so I used them instead.

This one turned out a lot nicer that I thought. And pick up those cute frames for just a couple of dollars. It's great to be able to save so much money and still have something nice to use to frame our work.

The 4th of July look is perfect and exactly what I wanted to achieve. And all for just a few dollars! I'm a happy girl with this one today!

2 comments:

  1. Love this and you can't beat that price for the frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your k8nd words Connie! Yes, I love a good deal!

      Delete