Friday, May 5, 2023

Love Is Here Cross Stitch

I picked up this cross stitch pattern on Etsy at a really good price-less than $4.00. It was fun and easy to stitch up and fits in perfectly with the samplers that I enjoy.

The fabric that I used was purchased from 123stitch.com. It's a great color for a rustic look, which I love. The only thing to know about the fabric is that it's holes are quite large compared to other aida cloths. Even using a thick needle, the needle sometimes drops if you're not holding it underneath. It's really not that difficult to use, but it's a little different. The fabric is also on the stiff side, but softens a little as you use it. I would definitely buy this cloth again.

The frame is upcycled from The Salvation Army. It's a nice beaded frame that was gold, but I painted it black and wiped the beading so that some of the gold showed through. It gave it a rustic look which fit in perfectly with the look I was going for. The frame was $8.00, but included a nice hanger on the back too. Compared to buying a frame, it was a really good deal.

I love this finished piece and I'll cherish it for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment