Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Retro Rubber 206-Tic Tac Toe Challenge

There's nothing like a challenge to get the creative juices flowing! I know that I would have never made this card if it weren't for Retro Rubber's Challenge 206  #rrcb206 to encourage me. This week it's a Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. I chose to go across the top row and make a birthday card using a stencil and patterned paper.

The biggest challenge was to use both patterned paper and a stencil, since both have a similar effect. In order to pull it off, I chose to use texture paste that I colored with drops of ink. That way it would show up over the patterned paper, as opposed to using just ink from a pad.

My complete supply list is:

CTMH's Lovely Birthday Occasions (2016)
White Card Stock (Michaels)
Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic DSP
SU! Calypso Coral DSP & Ink
Ranger's Texture Paste
Memento Lulu Lavender Ink
SU! Gorgeous Grape Ink
Memento Cottage Ivy Ink
Copics YR02, V04, YG11
Heart Stencil from Simon Says Stamp
Spellbinders Circle Dies

I wanted the circle to sit below the textured purple squares, but I accidently cut the wrong size circle when I spread on the paste. Therefore, I had to pop the completed circle up. It still looks good, but it's not the exact look I was hoping for. I'll have to be more careful next time.

Here's a little diagram of my process:


I really like the kind of crazy look. I hope it makes someone's birthday a little more tropical, sunny and happy! Thanks to Jane and everyone over at Retro Rubber for another fun challenge! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Barb, I think you cracked this! Love your bold colors here - so juicy! The texture paste looks amazing - great way to get stencil in there! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Heather! ;)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card! I love working with pastes, love that you have layered all the different mediums. Thanks for joining in at retro rubber this time Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Claire! Pastes are fun. I really should use them more. :)

      Delete