Sunday, May 21, 2023

A Valentine's Day Card To Mom

My card rack at Christmas. I didn’t take a
picture on Valentine’s Day.
Seven-year-old Elissa sometimes comes to our church with her grandmother who attends regularly. This time she noticed my rack of Valentine's Day cards and took one.

As her grandmother told me later, she took the card and wrote a really long note to her mother, then signed and sealed it. I'm pretty sure that her mother was really touched when she opened this card and probably wondered how she was able to get it.

It feels really good to be a part of something like this. If my cards weren't there, she probably wouldn't have been able to get her hands on a card and her mother wouldn't have ever gotten that beautiful gift from her daughter.

I make cards primarily because I really enjoy the hobby. Sending them is often secondary. But the real purpose of a card is for someone to receive it and make a difference in their life. But whether I send them out myself or give them to others to send, I never really know what happens to them, or how much their appreciated.

But this time I did. It was so wonderful to think that a seven-year-old took one of my cards and gave it to her mother. My heart is truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment