Saturday, October 10, 2026

Another Corner to Corner Lap Warmer

I shared in an older post that I liked creating "Lap Warmers" for those in nursing homes. These are a little different than a wheelchair blanket, as they are smaller but fuzzier and designed to give the residents something soft (and hopefully comforting) to touch.

These are really quick and easy to make up because I use two strands of yarn at the same time, and I do the corner-to-corner stitch that requires very little attention. It's a perfect project to do while you're watching TV or chatting with a friend.

For my future reference, here's the yardage on each:


Here you can see how similar the colors are for this project. I really lucked out having both of these in my stash. Both of these require an H/8 hook is crocheted separately, but stitching them together like this, and M hook is perfect. It really stitches so quickly. I finished this is two afternoons!

Lastly, I had enough yarn leftover from the Caron Cake to easily make this 23 squares by 23 squares, and possibly a 24 x 24 count. Next time I'll try to use all the yarn. I do however keep even the smallest leftover balls so that if I need to add a little extra in a future project, I usually have some that will suffice for color and texture.

Be sure to check out Mikey at the Crochet Crowd on YouTube to give this stitch a try. It's my absolute favorite!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment