Thursday, September 17, 2026

Flowery Birthday For Three Challenges

Today I was inspired by three different challenges and out of that came this sweet, and kind of summer-y, card.

First, I went over to Poppystamps (#psc142) to play along with them, and I found that their challenge this month is "Anything Goes." The only thing you have to do is to include at least one of their products. Easy peasy! Then I check in on Time Out Challenges #322 and found that their theme was "Seasonal Colors Where You Live." Since I'm in Florida, it's still very sunny and green here and the flowers are still in bloom in my yard. And the skies are blue, which is why I added blue in the background.  Lastly, I wanted to play along with Retro Rubber#280 (#rrcb280) and found that they have a sketch challenge, which was perfect to tie all of this together. You always have to use a stamp that's older than a year, and my "celebrate" stamp is one that I picked up at a yard sale over 5 years ago. It's part of a set of many birthday greetings, although I don't know the brand.

The whole idea for this card started when I found the two half-circles (green dots and yellow scallop) in my stash. For the shape in Retro Rubber I thought that a split circle would be nice, and it's a great way to use with flowers from Poppystamps.

Here's my supply list:

  • Poppystamps Nordic Flower Bunch Die Set
  • Stampin' Up! Lemon Lolly Card Stock
  • SU! Daffodil Delight Card Stock
  • SU! Cucumber Crush Card Stock
  • Michaels 60# White Card Stock
  • Unknown Red Rubber Stamp (bought 5 years ago)
  • Big Box Blue Dotted Paper
  • Papertrey Blueberry Sky Card Stock
  • Unknown Green Patterned Paper
  • Sizzix Scallop Die
  • Newton's Nook Green Dotted Paper
  • Versamark Ink
  • Michaels Yellow Glitter Embossing Powder

This was a bit of a tedious card to make, but it was a lot of fun. Thanks so much to all of the great challenges out there that really inspire me! And thank you for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day! 

13 comments:

  1. What a fun way to celebrate! Love all of the little blooms! Thanks for playing along this month at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Barb! Love your gorgeous flowers, and what a fabulous find with that stamp! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty floral card, love the colors and the blue paper to represent the blue sky. The extreme heat has about killed all of my flowers. So, upsetting but my tomato plants are finally doing great. Hope you're having a good weekend.
    cindys-greencricut

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the card just for the color green, as it’s my favorite color. Thanks for your comment, and best regards,
    ELFi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty floral bouquet of the Poppystamps Nordic Flower Bunch die set! I likeyour card design with the half and half sections ( as I am calling it) for visual appeal. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous floral card Barb, and I love how you got your inspiration :) - thanks for sharing your thought process as to how you came up with that design and colour scheme.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cheerful card! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Barb. I love the colors and layers. So pretty! Thanks for sharing your wonderful art with us at Poppystamps. I appreciate you and always enjoy your awesome creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to combine the challenges, Barb. The half circle of flowers is such a fun idea. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! The circle to me is absolutely a cake with gorgeous floral decorations. Perfect with the celebrate sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barb, I love your profusion of summer flowers. What a great layout, too. So glad you shared this fabulous card with us at Time Out this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Barb you won at Poppystamps! I cant see a link to instagram or an email here so please reach out to me!

    ReplyDelete