Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Retro Rubber 238 - The Great Outdoors

Today's card was made especially for Retro Rubber's Challenge #238. (#rrcb238) The theme is The Great Outdoors. And keeping in mind that you have to use a stamp that's older than one year, I started off with a favorite from Stampin' Up! called Always An Adventure. This one dates all the way back to 2016, but it's a great go-to, especially for those difficult guy cards.

Here's my complete supply list:

  • SU! Always an Adventure Stamp Set (2016)
  • SU! Cajun Craze Ink
  • SU! Pear Pizzazz Ink
  • Memento Old Olive Ink
  • Memento Bamboo Leaves Ink
  • Memento Ladybug Ink
  • Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink
  • Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
  • Memento Summer Sky Ink
  • Versa Mark Ink
  • Clear Embossing Powder
  • Papertrey Blueberry Bushel Card Stock
  • Stampendous Sentiment
  • Copics Y15 & Y26 


I made the stars by stamping them with Versa Mark Ink then heat embossing with clear powder. That made them stay white, like the paper they were stamped on. Then I brushed the blue ink over top of that. I really like the look.

The sentiment was a last minute decision. I thought it looked a little bare but there wasn't a lot of room to stamp too much. I went looking for a small sentiment and thought the words "Keep Looking Up" was perfect for a starry sky. 

It's always a lot of fun playing along over at Retro Rubber. They would love to have you join in!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Barb! I have to tell you, I pulled this set for this challenge, too, lol - and decided on another! So glad I did, because your lovely scene is just right - and I love the sentiment, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fun set! That's too funny that you were going to use it too. And thank you for the kind words! :)

      Delete
  2. A wonderful camping scene you have created Barb - well done
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous camping scene, love it! Love that sky too! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT

    ReplyDelete