Thursday, July 16, 2026

A Popsicle Sketch Card

Today's card is made for two special challenges. First, over at Freshly Made Sketches #745, Jen T. has a great square sketch with so many possibilities. Then over at Shopping Our Stash #578, they have a yummy color challenge that's perfect for summer. I combined the two and came up with this card.

Here's my supply list:

  • Brutus Monroe A Scoop Of Kindness Stamp Set
  • Lawn Fawn Pink Patterned Paper
  • Unknown Green Paper
  • "Homemade" Purple Card Stock (see below)
  • Stampin' Up! Pool Party Card Stock
  • Copics R32, BG11, V04 & E34
  • Doodlebug Enamel Stars
  • My Favorite Things Sentiment
  • More "Homemade" Pink Card Stock

As I was making this card, I had the Copic that seemed to match the Shopping Our Stash Palette, but when I tried to match the cardstock with it, I came up empty handed, and I think I have a fairly good variety of card stock. It's amazing how fickle purple card stock can be! So for this small project, I created my own card stock to match the purple in the ice cream cone by using the same marker. I also did the same thing with the sentiment background.

On the left, the purple card stock that came closest just didn't cut it, so I made my own by coloring the edges with the exact Copic Marker that I used for the ice cream. On the right, I did the same with the sentiment, coloring the white paper first, then stamping on top of it.

I really love the design and colors of these two challenges, and this was a really fun card to make, and I know someone will love getting it soon too! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a sweet day!

6 comments:

  1. Love your comment about purple being fickle - I totally agree!! And I often colour the edges of my cardstock to get the correct match, particularly with green, I am noticing!!
    Wonderful card Barb, although it's a bit cool for an ice cream here at the moment!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, that's one very large cone - the one my husband always orders! I love your 'flavors' and the pieces that came together for Jen's sketch this week! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of the ice cream colors on that cone. And it works so perfectly across the square of the sketch with the sentiment on top. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! This is just delightful . Love how you used my sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely as yummy as can be! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweetness...So glad you played along with our Popsicle Color challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Way to go shopping YOUR stash for our color challenge...great idea to "color" up the colors you needed for this challenge.
    Deb Horst, DT #SOS578

    ReplyDelete