Friday, July 24, 2026

Color Dare Challenge #713

Happy Friday to all you stampers out there! Today's card was made especially for the Color Dare Challenge #713. Even though it's not an amazing card, I absolutely love it because it's definitely one that I would have never created without a challenge.

The colors I chose for my project are Stampin' Up!'s Fresh Freesia, Soft Seafoam and Lemon Lolly. I used both ink and card stock. For the ink, I dabbed each color in a row on an acrylic block, gave it a spritz of water and stamped it on white card stock. It's amazing how different each one looks.

The one in this card wasn't my first choice, but here's what happened. I had to stamp the swirl twice, one on the tri-colored paper and one on the background. However, you have to line them up perfectly or else your top colored piece will be crooked, which is what happened to me. I still like how it all looks.

Here's my complete supply list:

  • Stampin' Up! Falling Flowers Stamp Set & Dies
  • SU! Fresh Freesia Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Lemon Lolly Card Stock & Ink
  • SU! Soft Seafoam Card Stock & Ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Michael's Black Card Stock
  • Black Gems (unknown brand)
  • Birthday Sentiment (gifted unknown brand)

The Color Dare has so many fun challenges and usually has two going on at one time, so if you're looking for a challenge, be sure to check them out!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

  1. Love the ink blending!! And, your flowers are so pretty! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acrylic block watercoloring is one of my favorite techniques. Great job. Glad the colors inspired you to try something different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love the technique and don’t use it as often as I should.

      Delete
  3. Great card and how you used the colors. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That block-stamping technique is such a fun trick! That color combo sounds gorgeous together, and honestly, those little "accidents" with stamping alignment usually end up looking the coolest in the end. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and you nailed the colors! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Barb - love those colours together, and how you made the background panel using them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barb! Love that pretty BG piece you made - so pretty and goes so perfectly with the pretty flowers. And the black makes the challenge colors pop! Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete