Thursday, July 30, 2026

Flower Salad For 3 Challenges

Today's card turned out quite a bit busier than I had hoped. You know when you go to a salad bar and get a little of this and a little of that and before you know it your plate is way too full. That's kind of what happened with this card.

I started by trying to case the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #692. Needing more inspiration, I jumped over to Retro Rubber to play along with their Tic-Tac-Toe Board (#rrcb277) and puling it all together I chose the colors to go along with the Color Dare Challenge #714. 

Since it's so heavy on die cuts, I wanted to use an official "retro rubber" stamp set for this rather than just stamping on any sentiment, so I chose a really fun favorite called "Wonderful Favorites" from 2008. Looking at the photo, the words could be a little darker. But that's one thing that I don't miss about wood block stamps-you can't use them on a Misti to get a darker image unless you peel them off and that seems like a sticky mess. I used Memento Black ink, but it still seems like it could have benefited from a couple more layers of ink.

Anyway, here's my supply list:

  • White Card Stock Base
  • Bo Bunny Patterned Paper
  • Big Box Patterned Paper
  • Spellbinders Bold Blooms Dies
  • Stampin' Up! Wonderful Favorites Stamp Set (2008)
  • Stampin' Up! Flirty Flamingo Card Stock
  • SU! Calypso Coral Card Stock
  • SU! Pool Party Card Stock
  • SU! Pretty Peacock Card Stock
  • Black Card Stock
  • SU! Brushed Brass Butterfly Dies


Even though I got a crazy card from this, I'm pretty happy with it. Experience is the best teacher! Next time I'll use about half of the flowers that I cut! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

17 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! What a pretty card! I always find piecing together all the little die bits to be tedious, but your end result is just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kim! I totally understand what you mean about tedious work. I agree! 😅

      Delete
  2. Love all of your die cut flowers, Barb! That is a lot of piecing, but such a pretty card. Thanks for joining Color Dare Challenge #714. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words. It was a fun challenge!

      Delete
  3. Delightful card with all those beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks as though you had a lot of fun making your flower salad Barb - it's gorgeous :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous and you nailed our colors at Color Dare!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not too busy for me! Great use of the Color Dare colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, the colours were great, it is full of fun flowers, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card that is eye catching with all the little details. I did have to look closely to see the tiny butterflies! I agree on the wood mounted stamps, even the old method does not give us the darkness of ink that we can achieve now. Great job with the Tic Tac Toe board over at Retro Rubber. Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh la la This is gorgeous! And wow, that is a lot of dies to glue. lol I think the sentiment is just fine - let those gorgeous colors shine! Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely design! I love how you blended our color challenge with the 2 other challenges. Great work. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's gorgeous, the colours are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the flowers! Our colors look great here! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare. -Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete