Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Jingle Belles Stars & Stripes Challenge

With the year flying by as quickly as it is, I’m definitely starting to think about making some Christmas cards. And a great way to get motivated to do this is to play along over at Jingle Belles. It’s a challenge that’s new for me, but one that I definitely need to be participating in if I’m gonna be ready for Christmas this year.

The theme this time around is appropriately stars and stripes. I ran with this idea, but creating a Christmas card instead of a patriotic one. I really like the finished product. I think it will make a great card, especially if it’s just going to a guy.

Here’s my supply list:

  • Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler  Card Stock
  • Little Yellow Wagon Patterned Paper
  • Michaels Silver Paper
  • SU! Square Dies
  • SU! Star Dies
  • Silver Embossing Powder
  • Spellbinders Scalloped Dies
  • Verse mark Ink
  • Lawn Fawn Sentiment 
  • Misc. Silver Fringe Trim
  • Misc. Silver Embellishments 

This card originally didn’t have the strip of silver on the right hand side or the fringe next to it. I tilted the patterned paper to make it look a little bit more whimsical, but I didn’t like the bare edge. After adding the strip of silver, it looked funny from the side because you could see the dimensional dots underneath. To fix that I used the silver tinsel and hot glued it on. It’s funny how cards develop through mistakes.

One last little note, this card looks a lot more red than it really is. I find it so difficult to photograph shiny paper. In order to get those little stars looking just right I had to compromise on the color of the card stock. Working on photographing my cards better is something that’s on my mind too.

This was a really fun challenge and I plan on participating in it a lot more often. Getting our minds on Christmas and winter is a perfect way to deal with the heat too. Apparently, it’s going to be a “feels like” temperature of 111 over the next few days. 😮‍💨 

Wherever you are, stay safe and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Barb, that is HOT - keep safe and stay cool!
    Love your card - and yes, some cards do demand to deviate from the intended design :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, I love that you have stars AND stripes and that cool layout which I might have to save! (That alnty piece, especially... chef's kiss...) :) So pleased you could join our "Stars OR Stripes" fun at Jingle Belles this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I meant to type "that SLANTLY piece" but apparently spell correct only corrects words that I have NOT mis-spelled!!!)

      Delete