Wednesday, August 12, 2026

A Tropical Card for Two Challenges

I was inspired by two challenges today. First, over at Retro Rubber #278 (#rrcb278) their theme is to make a tropical card. And today is a perfect day for that. Right now it's 92 degrees out with a "feels like" temp of 95. Thankfully it's cool in my craft room. I was also inspired by the sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps #392 (ssc392) they have a sketch challenge featuring a frame. Perfect combo!
When I saw the word "tropical" I immediately thought of the old stamp set called Tropical Chic from 2018. It's such a fun set and I have the dies and matching paper too. It was fun to pull it all out. The ounly disappointing thing is that I didn't have any Blushing Bride ink. And after die cutting the center and mounting it on Blushing Bride DSP, I feel like the flowers don't match like I had hoped. Oh well. It's still a fun and festive card.

Here's my complete supply list:

  • Michaels White Card Stock
  • Stampin' Up! Tropical Chic Stamp Set (2018)
  • SU! Tropical Thinlit Dies
  • SU! Tropical Escape Paper
  • SU! Pineapple Punch Ink
  • Memento Orange Ink
  • SU! Calypso Coral Ink
  • SU! Polished Pink Ink'
  • SU! Shaded Spruce Ink & Card Stock
  • SU! Parakeet Party Card Stock & Ink

It was great to use this set again, as it's really been too long. Thanks to everyone for putting these great challenges together. And thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment