After trimming the words away, I mounted the picture on Stampin' Up!'s Cherry Cobbler card stock. Using a Sizzix die, I cut out two borders and glued them on the back. Then I glued the piece down on SU!'s Night of Navy card stock. I made sure to leave room for the sentiment, which I stamped using a Tim Holtz stamp and SU! Night of Navy ink.
If you don't have any fancy supplies, not worries. You can pick up a couple of sheets of paper from your local craft store and hand write your sentiments in. Making a handmade card is more about the love and time that goes into it than perfection.
I really think that a Veteran would love getting this on his or her birthday. I'm waiting for just the right person to send it to.
From now on, I'm going to think twice before I step on the lever to open the trash can. Perhaps there's a card just waiting to be made.
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful (and crafty) day!

A great save from the trash can! It is beautiful image! I can see why you would want to turn it into a card! A wonderful birthday card for sure!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Maria! 🥰
DeleteLove this Barb! I will watch my junk mail a little closer now. :)
ReplyDeleteLove that the image inspired you to make a card. It is a beautiful picture and so glad you didn't toss it in the trash. Your card is so pretty. I'll be paying more attention to the mail from now on. Hope you have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeletecindys-greencricut
What a great image and awesome use of the 'junk mail' Barb... a great 'find' and reuse of the image....
ReplyDeleteBlessings
Maxine
Beautiful blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDelete