Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Regarding Dahlias NBUS #63 Card

I've got a perfect entry for this month's NBUS Stamping Challenge #63. Stampin' Up!'s Regarding Dahlias is an old set that I bought at a nursing home sale and and just now getting around to using. I fell in love with the large flower that can be used as is, as I did here, or stamped and colored in.

Unfortunately, the set didn't come with a leaf at all, so I used one from another set called Wonderfall Leaves, also from Stampin' Up! I chose a playful pattern for the leaf, since trying to make it match the flower really didn't work. I thought it matched the little dots in the patterned paper. The sentiment is from that set too. I loved it because I very affectionately say to my sweet little dog "hey you."

Here's my complete supply list:

  • Stampin' Up! Regarding Dahlias Stamp Set
  • SU! Wonderfall Leaves Stamp Set
  • SU! Soft Suede Ink & Card Stock
  • SU! Real Red Card Stock
  • Carta Bella Home Sweet Home Patterned Paper
  • Memento Lady Bug Ink

I always appreciate Darnell and love visiting her challenge blog. If you get a chance, find a stamp set or something that you haven't used and play along. It's always so satisfying and so much fun!

And finally, I just had to use the opportunity to include a picture of Bella, my little "hey you."


4 comments:

  1. You know in my mind, doggies always steal the show, Barb! But I have to say your bold and cheerful blossom design is a close second! I love that you used some of your pp and you made it whimsical with your dotty leaves! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS and for letting Bella say hello to us! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Darnell, they always do steal the show! I will tell Bella you said hello! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful Barb - love that wonderful big dahlia! It really 'pops' against the paper you used. Bella looks as though she knows everything you may say to her!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxine, that's so perceptive of you! She is a smart dog. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words! Hugs!

      Delete