Wednesday, June 12, 2024

The Fruit of the Spirit Cross Stitch Freebie

I was so excited to find this freebie on Pinterest. Years ago back in the 1980's when I used to cross stitch a lot a friend made a similar piece. I always admired it and wanted to stitch one myself. Back then there was no internet to look things up on. You pretty much just had to buy the patterns that were available in your local shop or big box store. I never got to ask her what pattern she used, and I gave up on the idea. 

Fast forward to modern time and the wonderful world of Pinterest. I finally came across a pattern that is very similar to the one my friend made years ago. The only difference was that it didn't have the different colors for each of the fruits. I made some changes to the pattern and came up with this finished piece. I really love how it turned out! 

You can find the pattern HERE.

There are lots of freebies for cross stitch patterns on Pinterest, but you do have to be careful. Many are uploaded by individuals and the patterns are copyrighted to someone who doesn't want to share their work for free. Often it's difficult to know the difference. I've had numerous Pins removed because of copyright violations, but this one is safe. 

If in doubt about patterns you find on Pinterest, click on the link. If it takes you to an actual website where the pattern is located and it says free, you're good to go. If you click on the image and it doesn't take you to another website, it's probably not uploaded legally.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful cross-stitch Barb!! I once cross stitched the Lords Prayer, and then gave it to a local church after framing it. We have since moved from there, so I hope it blesses the folk there still.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maxine, that is a beautiful story. I am sure that it blesses so many there. It's nice to be able to do things like that. What a blessing from you! :)

      Delete