Thursday, June 27, 2024

Try A Sketch on Tuesday #649

Sketches are always so much fun, especially as you see how others interpret them. I knew this would be such a fun one when I saw those little gem-like things at the bottom of the card over at Try a Sketch on Tuesday #649

At first I thought about doing flowers, which are always pretty, but after digging around in my stash, I came across this cute set from Stampin' Up! called "Always on an Adventure." (This sounds like both of my kids! My daughter just moved to Wisconsin and my son is working in Alaska.) 

I don't have the dies that go with this one but it's cute enough to just improvise the background by hand cutting different colors of card stock. 

In addition to that Stampin' Up! set, I also used the following:
  • Memento Northern Pine Ink
  • Memento Olive Grove Ink
  • Memento Rhubarb Stalk Ink
  • Memento Rich Cocoa Ink
  • Memento Danube Blue In
  • SU! Pear Pizzazz Card Stock
  • SU! So Saffron Card Stock
  • SpellBinders Scalped Die
  • Unknown Birthday Wishes Sentiment (I found it in my "lost stamp" box.)

There was a lot of fussy cutting in this one, but I actually love doing that. This is a fun set to work with and I love how it's perfect for guys and girls of any age.

Thanks for stopping by today, and be sure to stop by TSOT and join in the fun!

14 comments:

  1. What an adorable camping scene you created using the set. I use to love that set! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Barb! Great job interpreting our sketch into this rustic scene. Thank you for joining us at TSOT Challenge #649.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Barb, and a great interpretation of the sketch! Love you background :)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and scene you've created! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really colorful, whimsical scene! Love your take on the sketch, Barb. Thank you for joining the challenge at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little scene you created with a camping theme... so clever for your interpretation of our sketch. Adorable and fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and very creative way to use the sketch. Such a cute scene as well. Thanks for playing over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete