Thursday, August 13, 2026

Happy Gotcha Day, Maggie!


It may seem impossible to imagine, but I have actually discovered a theme that I am totally unable to find a rubber stamp for. I have looked high and low for a “gotcha day” sentiment for a dog or cat. With all of the rubber stamps out there, and there are tens of thousands, I could not locate the first one to celebrate Maggie’s special day on the 30th of this month.

Thankfully, I was able to use a few resources that I had and come up with a pretty cool card to celebrate the occasion.

I started by asking ChatGPT to create a cartoon image of a photo of Maggie that I uploaded. I love how that turned out. I used an oval die to cut out her image, then I framed it by cutting a larger green oval for the mat. Choosing from the colors of the image, I used Stampin’ Up!’s Early Espresso card stock for the background and Bazzill orange paper for the letters. The dies used to cut. The letters are from stamping up also.

I know that I had the sentiments “Happy” and “Day” somewhere in my stash, but I was unable to easily find them, so I simply printed out those words on Speckletone Oatmeal card stock. To tie it all together, I used strips of plaid paper and finished it off with some gold Stickles. 

If you have a Golden Retriever in your life and would like to use this image, feel free to snag it below. I made a few changes and put it on a cute background. I’m sure Maggie won’t mind! 

Here's the free digi. As always:

  1. Snag it to your desktop or photos.
  2. Put it in a Word or Pages Document.
  3. Resize it to the size card you want to make.
  4. Print it out, either at home or at a copy center. 
I hope you enjoy the freebie! Remember that all images are for personal use only, please! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute card to remember an important day in your family's life, Barb. i am sure Maggie is a real blessing to you
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, Maxine! I’m sad that they’re so far away. But it’s always fun to send mail! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete