Sunday, November 26, 2023

Retro Rubber #220

It's time to play over at Retro Rubber again! This round, #220 (#rrcb220) is a tic-tac-toe round. 

First of all I've got to say that the design team has the cutest cards with all the snowmen. I don't have any snowmen stamps and I really need to fix that. Of course I can't for this round, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled for that perfect snowman stamp. I think I struggle with them because they're white and in my mind, hard to color. Do I use a light blue, or a light gray, or just keep them uncolored and color the hat, scarf and carrot nose?

Anyway, being a snowman-less stamper, I opted for the right hand row and used Trees (just one tree, but I'm hoping that's okay) and Embossing (dry embossing on the Cherry Cobbler card stock) and Your Choice which is the silver thread.

My complete supply list is:

  • True White Speckletone Card Stock
  • Stampin' Up! Lovely As a Tree (2001)*
  • Silver Card Stock
  • Silver Embroidery Floss
  • SU! Cherry Cobbler Card Stock & Ink
  • Memento Green Ink
  • Sizzix Embossing Folder
  • Stickles Pearl Red and Diamond Dust 
  • Silver Enamels
  • Sentiment Unknown**

*I believe that Lovely As A Tree was the longest running stamp set in Stampin' Up!'s history! It was introduced in 2001 and ran through 2019.

**This stamp is in a basket waiting to go to a stamp class that I'm doing at my church and I have no idea where it's from. I'll take the time to track it down later, but wanted to get this entry in today.

So that's it for now. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Barb! I love to see Lovely As A Tree out and about, always, and what a fabulous setting and holiday dressing you've given it! Love all those stickles dots, and that thread is super fun! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete