Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge 311

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with some of the vendors from our old antique shop. Since it's 11 days before Christmas I thought I'd bring a little gift to each of them. Thankfully there are only 3 of them, but one is a guy. Now I personally feel that guys need cards more than women do because women love receiving cards, but I don't think guys know that. Anyway, they all are getting cards, including the guy of the group! He's really nice and I think he'll like them, especially this one.

Anyway, the Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge was perfect motivation to get these cards together. Challenge 311 is to make something beginning with the letter "O." I was really hoping I had an octopus stamp-that would be perfect, especially for a little guy. You could stamp it with a sentiment that said "lots of hugs." But alas, no octopus stamp was in my stash. Then I thought "ornament" would be a good one, but truthfully I don't think most guys are into ornaments at all, although I could have made it work. So I played it safe with an oak leaf. Leaves are perfect for guys.

This is one of my all time favorite sets from Stampin' Up. Here's my complete supply list:

  • Stampin' Up! Vintage Leaves Stamp & Dies
  • SU! Hardwood Background Stamp
  • SU! Old Olive Ink
  • SU! Baked Brown Sugar Ink
  • SU! Mossy Meadow Card Stock
  • Craft Card Stock from Michaels
  • Sentiment from Verve Stamps
  • Sentiment Die from My Favorite Things
  • Copic YG61
  • Raffia Bow
I loved seeing all the "O" cards over at Cardz 4 Guyz. So much talent! I did this one in duplicate and I'm thankful to get another two guy cards made for my stash. 

And before I go, here are my boxes of cards that are ready to go tomorrow! I used Stampin' Up!'s acetate boxes for these, but unfortunately I don't think they make them anymore. I still have a few left, but I'll have to order them on Amazon afterwards. I found some similar ones here. I've also put cards to give in baskets, brown paper bags and acetate bags from the dollar store.

I love having something to give to others that's not edible, and cards are perfect for that!

Thanks to everyone over at Cardz for Guyz, and a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa to everyone! :)

7 comments:

  1. Your card is perfect for a guy You have all the elements: leaves, wood, raffia. I think guys like the nature elements. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that listed me as anonymous. It is Donna Wakefield

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Donna! I don't know why they had you as anonymous. Sometimes computers can have a mind of their own. Thanks so much for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. "o" is for Oak!! Why yes!! And perfectly masculine!! I am having the same dilemma, giving packs of cards to my co-workers...all ladies except for one guy!! Thanks for playing along with our "something that begins with O" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
    #C4G311

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great giving away cards?! I know your coworkers will love them. The guy may not right away until he sends one and gets compliments on how nice it was! :)

      Delete
  4. Oak leaves are perfect for our challenge. I expect your friend will be really pleased with this lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I am so embarrassed to be thanking you so late for your sweet comment. I am so sorry. I guess I got busy with the holidays and all and missed it, but I sincerely do appreciate your kind words and for taking time to visit my blog. I love Cardz4guyz challenge because it's often so hard to make them. It's so easy to put flowers on everything! :) Anyway, thanks again, and I am truly sorry for not responding earlier.

      Delete